Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Creative Scrapbook Main Kit August

JOURNEY

This is another page I am doing for Ben's PhD graduation album. This is the 3rd graduation album I have made for him. The first was for his high school graduation and the 2nd for his Bachelors degree. He had two additional graduations, one from our local community college with an associates degree, and one from Missouri State with his Masters degree. He has been on quite the educational journey that began with that masked hero venturing out on his first day of kindergarten.

This is my first page with my August main kit from My Creative Scrapbook. Although I am delighted to have been invited to guest design for the remainder of the year, this months work is not design team work.

I have provided a tutorial for the crepe paper flowers both here and at the MCS website. The leaves are Silhouette cuts. The "rope" both strung and circled, is twisted strips of crepe paper.

ROAD TRIP


This is my youngest son, Matt, and me on the road trip we took a couple of year ago to Denver to join Ben, my 2nd son, who came from Lawrence KS to meet us and attend the concert of one of our favorite bands, Wilco.

This is my 2nd page using the Aug. main kit from My Creative Scrapbook. I once again added the crepe paper flowers and cut the leaves with my Silhouette, also inking and adding Stickles.


No comments: