Friday, May 28, 2010

Your family is so proud of you!

This is my family, with the exception of one brother, my husband, and my sons, who could not be there with us to celebrate my niece Paige's college graduation due to work. Group photos are difficult to make look good, but this is a group that is deserving of my best effort! I used May's main kit from MY CREATIVE SCRAPBOOK.


The green leaves are Silhouette cuts that I inked and then added stickles. I also added an E-line pearl and stickles to the bird sticker to dress it up a little. The small alphabets were not included in the kit and are by Jenny Bowlin.


I hope this layout will be special to Paige not only because it contains a photo of the people who love her most in this world, but because it also includes those adorable knit flowers made by her grandma. My mom and dad have been volunteering at their local hospital, and one thing my mom has been doing as part of her volunteer work is making knit baby caps for the newborns. She was making these adorable little flowers to go on them and I said what cute embellishments they would make for scrapbooking pages as well, so she sent me a bunch. I dressed the up with some Prima E-line pearls and mini roses.


I gotta feeling SOMEONE LOVES YOU

Below are a couple of quick pages I threw together of my adorable little nephew, Connor, and niece celebrating the college graduation of their big sister. The way time flew leading up to Paige's graduation, it won't be any time at all until they are wearing their own caps!

I used the main kit from MY CREATIVE SCRAPBOOK for May for both of these pages.

Happy for big sis

Ten-year-old Keilani trying on Paige's graduation cap in preparation for the day when it is her turn! In the small photo Paige's family is performing a song the kids wrote for her for her graduation. I wish I had the words to include here because they were so clever, but Paige has them in her graduation card in Keilani's handwriting, so that is all that really counts.



Thanks so much for dropping by!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Jackie - Your first layout is like a breath of fresh air. So delightful and full of spring colors! Love all the elements and gorgeous flowers. Wonderful group picture! I have this wonderful kit and have yet to use it. Wonderful graduation pictures. Hmm, I still have some of those from 2005 and 2008 to do. Have a wonderful weekend!

Becky said...

Jackie...love these gradution LOs! I'm sure your niece will treasure them! Those knitted flowers are just too special!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Graduation pix are just what I have on my agenda, so thanks for a little inspiration!