Friday, July 30, 2010

Camp Hosts - Dad and Mom

...it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!

My dad and mom were called by their church to serve as camp hosts during the summers at the church owned Blue Mountain Ranch, so for the past couple of years when we get together for our annual June family camp out it has been there rather than our usual stomping grounds on the Boulder Mountain where we have been camping together as a family for as long as I can remember. For all my years as a kid we camped in tents preparing meals from a cooler and over a fire pit, using the backwoods as a toilet and the stream as a bathtub... brrrrrrr! It was great progress when camp sites were developed and we could actually hike to an outhouse!

After I married and had my own young family Dad and Mom had progressed from tents to a camper, but when we were able to join them we inherited the tents. I will never forget our first camp out with our very young family when Bryant was just 19-months-old and Ben only 6-months. Two babies in diapers, neither of them walking, and we were camped in a tent! It was every bit as miserable as it sounds and we didn't join the annual family camp out again until our boys were older, though while Matt was a baby, his older brothers went camping with Grandma, Grandpa and their aunt and uncles several times.
And look at the 5th wheel Mom and Dad camp in now, along with all our toys! Russ and I too have a 30 foot trailer, and my brother share Bill's trailer. You would be hard pressed indeed to find me camping in a tent now, although when we were able to get our own grown kids together to try and carry on this family tradition, they were relegated to tents!
Below are my mom and dad in their various kitchens, and as you can see, camping these days can hardly be called roughin' it!

Products:

BoBunny - roughin' it collection
patterned papers
buttons
One with Nature rub - ons
Roughin' It combo stickers
Clover Chunky Chips Alpha


DAD



I am now the official family memory keeper and have been informed by my brother that scrapbook pages are expected as birthday, Christmas, etc., and so on, gifts, which suits me fine! So these two pages of our parents are for him.

They are done on the front and back of a single sheet of paper, one on the patterned side and the other on the plain side. The one of my mom is on the plain side, so you can see how much fussy cutting I put into these pages.



MOM


Products:

KaiserCraft - Tudor collection patterned papers
Maya Road - chipboard alphabets
Petaloo - Color Me Crazy flowers
Martha Stewart - border punches


Thanks so much for dropping by to take a peek!

1 comment:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Just stopping by to get my "Jackie's music" fix. I love it and now feel inspired to make another layout! LOL!!! And your work is always awesome - love it, too!