Thursday, March 25, 2010

Always a Friend

This is my lovely niece with her adorable friend from college. I mentioned awhile back that I have recently reconnected with one of my old college friends, and just the other night I received a late night call from one of our other roommates! Now all five of us are back in touch on face book!

I began this layout by cutting the spray of flowers and the bird from different sheets of patterned paper, and yes, I am still working through the K@Company Susan Winget "Nature" collection. It is amazing to me that these papers all coordinate so well with each other while still creating such different looks. Once I had cut out the flowers and bird, I positioned them, along with my photo, on a piece of white card stock, marking them with a pencil and then applied my "indian corn," "frost" and "English ivy" Glimmer Mist accordingly.

I then used FISKARS Ripple wide deco edge scissors to create the border, inking the edges dark brown. I cut the green patterned bracket frame from the center of another sheet of patterned paper reserving the outer edge as a border for my misted background. I used the background of a Websters Pages sticker sheet for the bracket pattern.

The photo mat is the backing from the K@C sticker packaging, which I inked in dark brown. I used an Autumn Leaves
clear acrylic stamp for the swirl.


I made the gold flowers from card stock and patterned paper from the "nature" collection, along with American Crafts large jewel brads using an altered version of the tutorial offered by the inspiring, and talented Gabrielle Pollacco at:
http://gabriellepollacco.blogspot.com. The blue and white flowers are Prima Painterly Petals Hydrangeas and e-line pearls.


The title is a Basic Grey rub-on from the "Origins" collection.


Thanks so much for dropping in.

3 comments:

Kim said...

So very pretty Jackie...love the misting and all the beautiful flowers and birds. Awesome details!!!!! Hope your doing well! Hugs!!!!

Unknown said...

WOW....amazing work again, Jackie!

Darien said...

Beautiful!!! And Beautiful details!!!!!!