Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bloom

This photo of Ceairrah was taken at Gary's birthday back in January. I was actually trying to get his photo at the time. We were back in the kitchen where his mom was dishing up cake and he was licking the frosting off the transformer that decorated it, but CC was helping her mom take plates out to the guests, saw my camera, stopped directly in front of me and gave me this little smirk. That is frosting on her chin.

Do you think I am ever going to get through this K&Company Susan Winget "Nature" collection? Lovely as they are, even I am beginning to tire of them. I suppose it is pure laziness that motivates me to scrap one collection at a time, that and an abundance of photos to select from so that I nearly always have one to match my papers, and a shortage of scrap space and storage so that once I have everything out I want to finish it up so I don't have to
find a place to put it, or go hunting for it later. And since I give much of my work away, it also spreads the collection out. If I remember correctly, this is the only page I have done from this collection that I am keeping for myself!


If you are new to my blog and wondering how to create this border effect, please refer to my post titled "Sweet," where I provided a tutorial. I cut the floral flourish on my Silhouette and then inked the flowers and added stickles to the stem. The flowers and leaves are Prima.

I used a Martha Stewart punch to create the white border, adding the Prima pearl stem, flowers, leaves and pebbles. I then layered a piece of lace I tied in the center under the ribbon bow.

The dragonfly is another Silhouette cut that I inked to mimic the watercolor effect that is a quality of this paper collection that I so love. I attached the ribbon by twisting and sticking it to the paper with mini glue dots. The buttons are an assortment that I have collected over time.


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit.

2 comments:

Darien said...

WOW!!! What a Lovely lo!!!! Like all of your los!!!!Beautiful pps and the design is really amazing!!!!

Please visit my blog. I have a little something for you.

mammasol said...

I cant find the turturial about the border