Thursday, April 8, 2010

pop-up embellishment

The card stock punch out embellishments that match this Kaiser Craft "Gypsy" collection, and that come with so many of the other paper collections available, are so pretty to begin with that they really don't require any help, but sometimes it is just fun to step them up and make your page or card even that much more your own. This is what my embellishment looked like to begin with.

To give it some dimension, I used my craft knife to cut the outer circle away from the inner one so I had 2 pieces. I then inked both pieces, attached the outer ring to my apricot card stock circle (left over from the cut I used to layer my page), cut around it with scallop deco edge FISKARS scissors and inked the edges. I then used foam adhesives to pop up the center piece.

I didn't do very well on my photography last night, but honestly, the center is popped up, and I then added Prima e-line pearls.


The bow is tied from Making Memories "stitches."

I then attached a coordinating Kaiser Craft flower and large Prima e-line pearl. Although I photographed this before adding gold Stickles to the finished embellishment, you can see the final product on my page.

1 comment:

Scrappin Kaz... said...

Thanks Jackie for the Tutorial!! It looks great!!