Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sun Down

This is the third time I have scrapped this gorgeous photo, and I am still in awe of how stunning it is. Connor and Keilani's dad took this photo of them on one of their fishing trips. The first time I scrapped it, it was intended for them, but it turned out so well I decided to keep it for myself! LOL! Then I did a page for my brother's album since he had it saved among his favorite photos, so finally, this page is for my sister.

The papers, rub on swirl, borders and journaling tags are
KAISER CRAFT "Gypsy" collection. I used a MARTHA STEWART punch, rather less effectively than I wanted, for the border. I can't get this one to corner quite right, but love the look nonetheless. The flowers are by PRIMA, of course, as are the pearls.

I had so much fun doing this pop up embellishment. It was originally a single rub on. I cut the little blue leaf thingies away from the center circle and rubbed them on a plain white card stock circle and then rubbed the center circle onto more white cs and cut around it. I then attached foam pop up adhesives to the back, but decided I didn't like the look of the white cs with my layout, so I took my TIM HOLTZ gold paint dabber to it and inked over the top of that with MARTHA STEWART blue ink. I then added the Prima e-line pearls and ended up with a unique embellishment made from a rub on.

The black stamp is BASIC GREY flourish edges.


No comments: