Friday, April 16, 2010

Rock Star

My adorable, sweet little nephew has turned into "one of those," a middle school-er... a tween!


Madscrappertoo got to me with her last post about scrapping outside of her comfort zone. I've been in a creative rut, so decided to follow her example and try something completely new and used her style as inspiration. It is certainly lacking the finesse of her designs, but I had all kinds of fun trying and maybe with time and practice I'll get better.

This layout largely features the SILHOUETTE which I used for all the shapes and letters. The papers are SCRAP WITHIN REACH "Emerson" collection and the flowers are PETALOO.
I also used BASIC GREY stamps, bubble wrap, and a MARTHA STEWART border punch.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hi Jackie! I love this LO! It is fun to scrapbook outside of our comfort box. I have been trying to push myself to go one step further than when I say it is done in my mind.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Loved your story about the Beatles. To share with you...I think I was like 5 yrs old when they were on the Ed Sullivan show. My sisters are 8 & 10 yrs older than me so they begged my parents to let them watch. I remember my dad making the comment that they should be called "The Mop Heads"! I remember sitting on the floor in front of that b & w tv and being excited, and watching the girls scream and swoon! So the fan was born. When I was in HS I went to one of those funky shops where you could find the unusual things,that were so popular in the 70's. They always had musical artist that you hadn't heard of or that were spinning off from a major group...Well I found the album "Introducing the Beatles" unopened...so don't know if it was produced originally or reproduced for the 70's. But I still have it.

The dgs that is on my blog is actually 5. I can't believe that he will go to kindergarten this year! Where does time go??


Well it has been nice visiting...Keep those wonderful pages coming...love the inspiration!

Hugs!

Becky