Friday, June 4, 2010

Double Trouble

BEAUTIFUL PAIGE


No, you are not seeing double! I don't know if I am the only one who scrapbooks in my sleep, but I woke up in the middle of the night remembering this adorable photo of our little Paige-a-Roo when she was just 4-years-old that is so similar to this one I took of her before her college graduation and I knew I had to scrapbook them together. Sometimes what I dream is pretty far-fetched in the light of day, but I was right on with these photos together, and so I scanned the old picture so I could do more than one page. One of these is for Paige's album, one for her mom, my sister, and you can look forward, (or not), to two more pages in different paper collections: one for Paige's grandma, my mom, and one for me! Actually, now that I think about it, when I am done with all 4 I'll let you choose which one's you want; first call... first choice!

Both of these pages feature the appropriately named "Life's Portrait" collection from Webster's Pages. The butterflies were scanned from another WP collection, hand cut, and then enhanced with Stickles.




The flowers are by Prima. The alphabets and word stickers are also part of the WP collection. The border punch is by Martha Stewart.


I used a ruler to measure the frame and cut it out as one whole piece using a craft knife so that the remaining pieces could be used in the second page shown below. I also used my craft knife to cut around the corner pattern of the paper so I could insert the frame beneath it and then added the WP cameo, which is layered on pink card stock which I cut around with Fiskars scissors and then doodled the black dots.

TIME FLIES

This is the second page also featuring the "Life's Portrait" collection by Webster's Pages.


The corner swirls are Silhouette cuts that I colored using English Ivy Glimmer Mist and then enhanced with Stickles. The flowers are by Prima. The "sparklers" are also by WP, and I hand cut the blue floral spray from a sheet of WP pp.



The alphas, trims, cameo and sticker are all from the gorgeous "Life's Portraits" collection.



Thank you so much for stopping by to visit, and please come back tomorrow when I will finally be able to post the pages I did for June's Limited Edition kit at MY CREATIVE SCRAPBOOK! Tomorrow I will post the "5" layouts I was able to get using ONLY items included in the kit, and the next day I will post the other "4" pages I was able to make using mostly kit items with some embellishments from my own stash. These kits are just amazing!

No comments: