Wednesday, June 2, 2010

HOT

This is one of Astrid's profile photos that I lifted from facebook. See! Privacy is an issue!! LOL! I'm hoping that she doesn't mind that I titled it "hot" since that is one of the first things I heard about her from my son Ben when they started "not dating!" (inside joke) I also heard how smart, sweet and fun she is, all which proved to be true! My sons sure have excellent taste in women!

I also chose "hot" as the title because it fit this color palette so well, along with fitting into my design space. These are papers that I have had in my stash for awhile. I got them out thinking they would be perfect for some of Paige's graduation pix, which they weren't, but this photo was perfect! The patterned papers are by Glitz Design and are from the "Audrey" collection.


I used several Martha Stewart border punches and Fiskars scissors to cut around the circle. I then used a white Signo pen to doodle the dots. This is a technique I picked up from the oh-so-talented Gabrielle Pallacco, along with so many others.

The fabulous flowers are Petaloo "Daisy Layers" that I layered over Prima flowers to help give them some lift and to better show them off against the patterned paper. The black lace is also by Prima. The flourishes are final touch - clearly stickers by Karen Foster. The title is Thickers.

You may remember my mentioning my dear friend Bettylou who loaded up on lace, trim and ribbon at a craft store's going out of business sale. It is worth mentioning once more that most of the trims you are seeing on my pages are a result of her generosity!


Thank you again for taking the time to drop by.

No comments: