Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kolob Canyon Falls


This is my nephew Connor on a hike up Kolob Canyon to the falls in Southern Utah last summer when his family went to visit Aunt Toot in Cedar City.

The papers are Die Cuts With A View "Mariposa" stack and coordinating cardstock pack.



I hand cut a wave border and then distressed it with a Heidi Grace edge distresser, folding the curves back with my fingers and then distressing with Tim Holtz walnut distress ink.
The title is a Silhouette cut. The butterfly is hand cut from a separate piece of pp.


The flowers and bling are by Prima. The black swirls are by Karen Foster. I cut the butterfly from the bg paper underneath the picture with a craft knife and repositioned it on the page.

The black flower and moth are hand cut from a separate piece of the Mariposa pp.

WHAT A PLACE


Sometimes the pictures are so spectacular that the page requires little embellishing. That is certainly the case with these photos of my sister Catherine at the mouth of the canyon leading to the falls. Besides that, I am trying to do more flat, multipic pages to save on album space!

These two pages feature Crate Paper "Brook" collection. Take a gander at that ladder Jaycee is navigating up a fallen tree to get to the top of the falls! Holy crap! We have some spectacular country in Utah don't we?


FUN & SUN


These 2 pages are of my niece, Keilani, and nephew, Connor and Toot's son (I think that is Bridger). I used KaiserCraft papers mixed with some I no longer have tags for along with some Martha Stewart punches.


Thanks a bunch for stopping by.

2 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, Jackie, what a lovely group of pages. Love them all. That Mariposa stack is pretty and so great for fussy cutting.

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your new layouts are beautiful, Jackie!!!! And your niece and nephews are adorable! (I'm enjoying your music . . . again!!)